Cauliflower and cumin soup
Author: The Orange Pantry
- 1 large cauliflower washed cut into little florets
- 1 large leek washed and white part finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, finely sliced to serve
- Sumac to serve
- Saute the leek and cumin seeds in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until soft. Stirring regularly.
- Add 3 cups of water, cauliflower florets, salt and pepper
- Bring to the water to boil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked place everything including the water in a high performance blender with another cup of water and blend until a smooth consistency. Be careful here because the water is very hot
- Place in soup bowls and sprinkle with sumac powder, cumin powder and fresh parsley.