Coconut chia puddings
We have been up in the country these summer holidays and it has been so HOT, these little chia pots have been my breakfast go to. They are easy to make and don’t require any cooking.
Berry coconut chia puddings are a perfect breakfast on a hot a summer’s morning. My tip is to make the chia pudding the night before and top with your favourite berries, seeds and a sprinkle of lemon rind for a bit of Zing just before serving.
Yummy and Nutritious
They are also fantastic for afternoon school snacks – chia seeds are jam-packed with goodness they are a good source of protein, as well as omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and fiber. When you place them in liquid chia seeds expand up to 17 times their original size also helping you stay fuller for longer.
- ½ cup of chia seeds
- 2 cups of coconut milk or any milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 cup of mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries and raspberries)
- 1 tablespoon of mixed seeds (pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and sunflower seeds)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon rind
- Place the chia seeds, coconut milk, vanilla extract and sweetener in a medium-sized bowl
- Use a whisk to stir and combine all the ingredients really well
- Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes
- Then whisk again to remove any chia clumps that may have formed
- Place the bowl in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight until the mixture has set
- When you are ready to serve
- Divide the chia pudding between 3 bowls and top with mixed berries, seeds and lemon rind.