Blueberry Chia Jam
This is my go-to sweet treat whenever a sweet craving hits. Once you have made your own homemade jam, you’ll never be tempted with store-bought again. I spread this blueberry chia on toast with almond butter, mixed with coconut yogurt, drizzled over paleo pancakes or if I am time poor I just eat it straight from the jar, YUM : ).
The great thing about this recipe is that it can be used to make all sorts of different jams. Let seasonality guide you and be sure to give it a go with strawberries, raspberries, plums, apricots, and figs. Check out my recipe for homemade raspberry jam here!
Enjoy : )
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries or any fruit you like.
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the blueberries and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and 2 tablespoons water. Stirring frequently, and reduce heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chia seeds, vanilla extract, and cinnamon powder
- Cover and cook over very low heat, stirring occasionally until it thickens (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and cinnamon