Yum! This recipe makes the tastiest, crunchiest, most delicious popcorn in all the land. Pop this on the stove before heading to the movies over the school holidays – you’ll save a packet! Plus, it’s heaps of fun listening to the corn explode in the pot while the delicious aromas fill the kitchen.
- ⅓ cup of organic popping corn
- ¼ cup of coconut oil plus 1 tablespoon for cooking the popcorn
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 3 corn kernels in a large saucepan with a lid. Wait for those 3 kernals to pop, then you will know that they the oil is hot enough to add the other kernals.
- Once the kernels pop, add the ⅓ cup of popping kernels
- Cover the pan and continually shake over medium heat, allowing steam to escape.
- When the popping slows down, remove the pan from the heat and wait a few seconds until the popping has completely stopped and remove the lid.
- Place the coconut oil, raw cacao and rice malt syrup in small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted, and combined.
- Pour cacao mixture over the popcorn then toss until the popcorn is well covered.