Gingerbread shouldn’t only come out at Christmas time! This gingerbread – inspired granola is perfect with coconut milk, an extra sprinkle of cinnamon and grated Apple. Alternatively, why not use it as a crumble topping over lightly-stewed rhubarb and strawberries- yum!
Nut and Gluten-Free option
For a nut-free alternative, substitute the nuts for a mix of seeds and coconut flakes. For a gluten-free alternative, substitute the rolled oats with rolled buckwheat.
- 3¼ cups rolled oats
- 1¾ cups raw nuts and seeds
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tsp ground ginger
- ¼ cup coconut or macadamia nut oil
- ⅓ cup rice malt syrup or any sweetner of your choice
- Preheat oven to 120 °C
- Mix together the rolled oats, nuts, seeds, cinnamon, sea salt, ginger in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan gently warm the coconut oil, rice malt syrup over medium heat
- Pour over the coconut oil mixture over the rolled oats and nuts a mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a large baking sheet and bake for 18–22 minutes
- Turning the mixture half way through the cooking time.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until the granola is a golden, brown colour.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely, once it’s cooled it will deliciously crunchy
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.