Gingerbread Hot Chocolate – the perfect gift!
Gingerbread Hot Chocolate is about as easy as it gets – a jar of cacao, cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg all wrapped up and ready to make someone’s Christmas day. Simply combine the dry ingredients with your milk of choice and voila! Gingerbread hot chocolate mix!
Beautiful packaging makes this gift a little more special. The simplest of jars can be transformed with some ribbon, stickers and spices. A great idea is to place the gingerbread mixture into a 500ml glass jar and tie a ribbon around the jar with a cinnamon quill. The cinnamon quill can be used to stir your yummy mug of hot chocolate.
We celebrate Christmas in summer, and if it’s too hot for a hot chocolate you can swap the hot chocolate for a nice refreshing smoothie. Add 1 banana, 2 tablespoons of the gingerbread powder, 400ml any milk of your choice and 1 teaspoon of chia seeds into a blender. Blend until smooth. Yum! : )
- ½ cup of raw cacao
- 1 ½ tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg.
- For the wrapping
- 1x 500ml glass jar
- Cinnamon quill
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour all the ingredients into the 500ml glass jar and wrap and create your own beautiful wrapping.
- To make the hot chocolate
- Add 1 tablespoon of chocolate gingerbread mix with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk or any milk of your choice
- Warm 1 cup of milk over low heat in a small pan stir in the chocolate paste and teaspoon of rice malt syrup
- Whisk until well combined, and warmed through (do not boil).
- Pour into a cup