Grilled Fish Tacos
Tacos are fun, delicious and a great way to load up on veggies – as many as you can jam into the taco shell/wrap! I’ve used flathead for this recipe because it’s an all-around winner in the flavour and texture departments, which is essential when building tacos. Simply lightly cook the fish in a grill pan on the stove. Serve with Pico de Gallo, click here for the recipe.
This one ticks all the boxes: gluten-free, light, healthy, tasty and easy
- 650 gm of firm fish cut into 4cm cubes.
- Macadamia oil or extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ bunch of coriander
- 1 Avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups of thinly sliced red or green cabbage seasoned
- 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil,
- Sea salt and pepper
- Homemade Mayonnaise
- Pico Gallo
- Corn tortillas or coconut flour tortilla’s
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the mayonnaise in a small bowl with ½ the lime juice Season with salt
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl add ½ the lime juice and season with salt and pepper
- Place the sliced cabbage season it the extra virgin olive oil, ½ the lime juice, salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- Prepare BBQ grill outside or a grill pan inside, lightly coat fish with olive oil
- When the grill plates are hot add the fish and grill for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked
- To serve heat the tortillas in a pan with a tiny splash of oil
- Top each tortilla with fish, mayonnaise, mashed avocado, cabbage, coriander leaves