These lemon and cranberry heart biscuits are sugar -free and gluten free. To make them extra special fill them with some raspberry chia jam, for a sweet Valentine’s Day treat. Click here for the raspberry jam recipe https://theorangepantry.com/raspberry-chia-jam/. Remember to fill them just before serving so the biscuit doesn’t become soft and soggy.
Have a lovely day : )
- 260gm of almond meal
- 2 tablespoons of tapioca flour
- ½ cup
choppedsalted organic butter (can use coconut oil), room temperature
- ¼ cup of rice malt syrup
- 1 lemon rind
tablespoonsof dried cranberries
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Combine the lemon rind, almond meal and tapioca flour in a stand mixer or hand mixer for 2 to 3 minutes. This releases the oils of the lemon rind, which gives these cookies their tangy taste.
- Beat in the rest of the ingredients except for the cranberries until a dough forms
- Fold in the cranberries
- Place the dough in the freezer for 20 minutes or in the fridge for 2 hours
- Once the dough has hardened, roll between two sheets of baking paper to 2cm thickness
- Cut out cookies shapes
- Place on prepared baking tray and cook for 12 - 15 minutes. Until golden on top
- Transfer the biscuits
ontoa wire rack to cool.
- Once they are cooled spread half the heart-shaped biscuits with raspberry chia jam, then place the other biscuits on top.
- Sprinkle with
natviaicing sugar or desiccated coconut and serve immediately.