If you are looking for a great way to up your greens, then this green smoothie is the way to go. Not only is it filling but it’s packed with freshly blitzed nutrients and fibre. I really enjoy drinking green smoothies in spring and summer when the weather is hot- I find it refreshing and energizing. It’s a nice way to start the day, I often have it for breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack. Not only does the avocado add a lovely creaminess it also gives you a good dose of B- vitamins, fibre, monounsaturated fats, and antioxidants. Making it important for energy, gut health and so nourishing for our skin.
Mint adds a lovely flavour and is a great digestive herb. Ginger adds a little kick and parsley gives you a shot of vitamin C.
Chia seeds are full of good stuff, they are high in protein, good fats, iron, and magnesium. This smoothie is best made just before serving because when chia seeds are placed in liquid they can expand up to 17 times their original size so the longer this smoothie stands, the thicker it will become.
Happy blending : )
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 avocado, skin and pit removed
- 1 cup of spinach leaves, roughly torn
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 10 mint leaves
- ¼ cup of parsley, stems and leaves
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger.
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender
- Cover with water
- Blend until smooth if it’s too thick just add a little more water
- Pour into a glass and drink