Mixed Spice Pear Crumble
This pear crumble is one of my go-to recipes as soon during the winter months. It is perfect for an after-school snack or a warming breakfast in the morning. The deliciously mixed spices warm up the body and support your digestive tract. I prefer to use Red Sensation, Bosc or Red Anjou’s, they are naturally sweet and juicy, be sure they are not too soft because it may become too mushy when it’s cooked, I prefer mine to be a little crunchy.
- 7 pears, skin on, washed well and chopped into cubes
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 clove
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated orange rind
- 2 cups of mixed nuts and seeds (macadamias, almonds, pecans,
brazil, pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup/honey/maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup of coconut yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C
- Place the mixed nuts and seeds in a food processor and pulse until they are broken up a little, I like mine a little crunchy for some texture
- Transfer the nuts and seeds to a medium bowl
- Gently heat the coconut oil and rice malt syrup over in a small pan over low heat until melted.
- Stir in the clove, ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and then pour over the nuts and seeds mixture. Stir well until the well combined
- Mix the pears and orange rind together in a baking tray, top with nut crumble until the pears are completely covered.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown
- Serve with coconut yogurt.