Muesli with dried strawberries and vanilla
Christmas muesli with dried strawberries
This strawberry Christmas muesli is all about the berries so be sure to pick strawberries that a ripe and sweet. Perfect for snacking, it also makes a delicious breakfast, served with coconut yogurt and topped with some fresh lemon thyme, or a crunchy topping for a berry crumble. It’s best to start this recipe a day ahead, preparing the strawberries is easy but it does take a time to dry them.
Package the muesli in a 1 litre glass jar, tied with a beautiful ribbon and a sprinkle of love – you have a gorgeous Christmas present filled with love and goodness.
Happy Baking : )
- 20 strawberries
- 2 cups of rolled oats (almonds, macadamias, and pecans)
- ¾ cup of mixed nuts roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of coconut chips
- ½ cup of roughly chopped pistachios
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- ¼ cup of honey or rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
- Preheat the oven to 75°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper
- Wash the strawberries, slice off the green leaves.
- Slice the strawberries into quarters
- Arrange the strawberries on the baking paper, making sure the strawberries are not touching
- Put the strawberries in the oven and bake them for 3 hours. After 2 hours flip the strawberries so they bake evenly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, as they cool they will become dry and crunchy.
- Reheat the oven to 120°C line a large baking tray with baking paper
- Mix the oats, nuts (not pistachios), pumpkin seeds in a medium-sized bowl
- Warm the honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a small pot until runny
- Pour over the ingredients and mix through until oats, nuts, and seeds are well coated.
- Spread the oat mixture over the baking paper evenly, toast the muesli for 1 hour or until it is golden brown.
- Once cooked allow the muesli to cool on trays
- Add the strawberries, coconut chips, and pistachios and mix through
- Store in a sealed container