Paleo Beetroot Chocolate Brownie
This gluten-free beetroot chocolate brownie is perfect for afternoon tea or served warm for dessert. The beetroot adds an earthy taste to this rich moist brownie. I use a whole large organic sized beetroot, leave the skin on, just be sure to scrub it well before grating. My son and his friends absolutely love this brownie, I am sure you and your family will too.
Top with coconut yogurt spiced with ginger, vanilla and cinnamon.
Store this brownie in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days. You can also freeze it for a 1 month, just pull it out 30 minutes before serving so it can thaw a little.
- 1 whole large beetroot, grated
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- ¼ cup of raw cacao powder
- ¾ cup of Rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¾ cup of dark chocolate chips
- For the coconut yogurt Topping
- 150gm of coconut yogurt
- ¼ of vanilla bean scraped
- ⅛ of teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ of teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Line a 8X8 tin with baking paper
- Place the almond butter and eggs in large bowl and beat with a stand mixer or hand mixer, until nice and creamy.
- Add the beetroot, cacao powder, rice malt syrup and baking soda mix until until well combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared baking tray.
- Place in the oven to bake for 45mins - 1 hour or when a skewer comes out clean.
- FOR THE COCONUT YOGURT MIXTURE
- Place the coconut yogurt, vanilla bean seeds, cinnamon and ginger and rice malt syrup in a bowl and whisk until the ingredients are smooth and creamy.
- Once the brownies are cooked let it cool completely in the tray ( about an hour).
- Slice the brownies into squares
- To serve
- Divide the brownie ins serving plates
- Top with a large dollop of spiced coconut yogurt
Refrigerate. Suitable to freeze for up to one month.