Pasta with greens – vegan
Pasta with Greens
Happy Wednesday!! This pasta with greens is a delicious and simple weeknight dinner for the entire family. This green pasta dish gets a serious flavour boost with creamy macadamia cheese and the freshness of lemon. If you’re gluten-free or following a low carb eating plan you can substitute the spaghetti for our egg pasta tagliatelle, click here for the recipe.
- 500gm of any pasta of your choice
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 6 zucchini, cut into 3cm discs
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach leaves, finely sliced.
- ½ head of broccoli, head and stems finely sliced.
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, leaves and stems finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes (optional), to serve.
- Salt and pepper to serve
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- ¼ cup of freshly grated macadamia nuts
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the packet.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of pasta water.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking add the broccoli stems.
- while the pasta is cooking heat 100ml of the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the garlic, add the broccoli heads, zucchini and broccoli stems, cook covered for 10-15 minutes over low heat or until softened.
- Stir in the peas and spinach with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, return the pasta to the saucepan and pour over the reserved pasta water.
- Pour over the pasta sauce and sprinkle with parsley, grated macadamia nuts and chili flakes.