Prune, nut and seed slice
Puffed Quinoa, nuts and seeds mixed in with pureed prunes and almond butter then covered in a melted cinnamon dark chocolate, YUM!. They freeze really well and are perfect on a hot summer’s day or as an afterschool snack. If you want to make them school friendly – substitute the nuts for more sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds and the almond butter for sunflower butter or tahini.
I always add a few drops (maybe 20 😊) of the Unwind & Breathe or Calm the Storm flower essence blends, for a little added sprinkle of calm, making them perfect for a mid-afternoon snack. These prune, nut and seed bars are plant-powered goodness, making them both delicious and nourishing.
- 250gm of pitted prunes
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 150gm of almond butter
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup of hemp seeds
- ½ cup of pistachios, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs of salt flakes
- 1 cup of puffed quinoa
- 100 gm of dark chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- Line a 21cm square tray with baking paper
- Put the prunes in a food processor and process until they become a thick paste.
- Place the coconut oil, almond butter, and prune paste in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, stir until softened and well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in the puffed quinoa, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, hemp seeds and macadamias.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared tray and press down evenly
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water until melted and stir in 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the nut and seed slice
- Transfer to the fridge and let set for 2 hours
- When ready, remove it from the fridge and slice into bars. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.