Raspberry and Pomegranate jelly
Pomegranate and Raspberry jelly
Meet my new favourite jelly……. pomegranate and raspberry. The pomegranate seeds add a pop of sweetness to this jelly! I love the transition from summer to autumn and these jellies are a celebration of both seasons. They are a delightful mix of summer raspberries and autumn pomegranates making them both tangy and sweet.
Gelatin has many health benefits including strengthening hair, skin, nails, maintaining muscle mass, gut health and great for growing children. I use gel-pro organic gelatin from Australia
Pomegranates are packed with antioxidants, as well as being rich in vitamin C, K, B- complex and minerals such as calcium and potassium. They boost the immune system as well as improving circulation.
These jellies are great for school lunchboxes or after school snack and they’re not just for little kids – they are pretty popular with adults as well especially if you are looking for a quick sugar fix.
- 3 ½ tablespoons gelatine powder
- ⅓ of a cup of water
- 1 ½ cups of pureed raspberries
- ½ cup of pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup of coconut milk
- Line a square tray with baking paper
- Place the gelatine and ⅓ of a cup of water into a small bowl, stir until all the water has absorbed by the gelatine.
- Let it stand for a few minutes.
- It should be hard and rubbery.
- Place the pureed raspberries, pomegranate seeds, and coconut milk into a small saucepan, heat slightly (don’t let it boil). As it heats the raspberries start to break apart, continue stirring until you have a smooth runny mixture.
- Take off the saucepan off the heat
- Break in the gelatine and stir until dissolved
- Pour into the prepared tray
- Put in the fridge for 2 hours to set
- Remove from tray and cut into squares
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.