December 19, 2017
Rhubarb, Apple and Vanilla Crumble
Rhubarb and Apple crumble
Rhubarb and vanilla berry crumble
Author: The Orange Pantry
- 1 rhubarb, leaves discarded, stems roughly chopped
- ½ cup of frozen tart cherries
- 2 apples washed, roughly chopped
- 2 cups of mixed nuts and seeds, macadamia nut, brazil, almonds, pecans, sesame seeds, linseeds
- 1 vanilla bean seeds scraped
- 2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup of coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Place the rhubarb, strawberries and apples and vanilla seeds in a medium sized saucepan over low heat. Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes, until fruit is softened.
- Place the nuts and seeds in a food processor and pulse a few times to create a chunky crumble
- Gently heat the coconut oil, rice malt syrup and cinnamon powder until melted
- Put the nut and seed mixture into a large bowl and pour over the coconut oil.
- Place the rhubarb mixture into a baking tray, top with the nut mixture
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown
- Serve with coconut yogurt or coconut ice-cream!
- Happy baking