Roasted Tomatoes – a simple way to cook cherry tomatoes
If you have an abundance of tomatoes in the garden or you just love them, like I do, then roasting tomatoes is a great way to preserve them and bring out their naturally sweet flavor. Be sure to pick ripe tomatoes or they will taste too acidic and lack the naturally sweet taste. Roasted tomatoes are fantastic as a side, on a bruschetta or in a salad, if you don’t have rosemary you can also use a generous sprinkle of fresh or dried oregano. These roasted tomatoes taste great just cooked but they are also delicious the next day and I often use them for school or work lunches. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- 2 sprigs of rosemary leaves
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Place the tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper on the prepared baking tray.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes