frittata with spring vegetables
Spring Vegetable Frittata
Spring and vegetables go together like, well, peas and carrots! This enlivening frittata delivers a 5+ punch and a dose of good vibes as well – that’s what happens when you eat something that’s full of goodness and is absolutely delicious. Your food diary will love this one: asparagus, spring onion, spinach, peas, ricotta, feta cheese and herbs. It’s fresh, easy and above all, tasty. Serve with a simple salad or pico de gallo. Hot or cold, breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner – this dish works at any time of the day and is a great addition to a picnic. Make sure you make extra it tastes great the next day.
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup of milk or water
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup of asparagus, tough ends removed, washed and cut into 2cm strips
- 1 handful of baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup of peas
- ¼ cup of ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup of feta cheese
- ¼ cup of chopped tarragon and thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°С
- Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low -medium heat in an ovenproof 20cm fry pan.
- Lightly saute the chopped onions, baby spinach leaves, and asparagus, until the spinach leaves are wilted and the asparagus has softened slightly.
- Remove from the heat and set aside in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, milk or water and crushed garlic together then season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat the pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and pour in the egg mixture
- Cook over moderate heat for 2 minutes add half the veggies (peas, spinach and asparagus) and half the crumbled ricotta and feta.
- Continue cooking until partially set, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the rest of the veggies, feta, and ricotta
- Place the frying pan in the preheated oven for 10 - 15minutes until the frittata is golden brown and the eggs are set.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with fresh tarragon and thyme.