Sweet Potato Nachos
I first ate sweet potato nachos in a local cafe and I was hooked. This is my version of sweet potato nachos, it is dairy free and gluten free and so delicious. There are a few bits to this recipe, to save time I usually cut up the sweet potatoes the night before. I like to keep the skin on, it gives the potatoes a crispier texture.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- 2 large sweet potato, peeled and into medium-sized wedges
- 1 Shallot, finely sliced
- 1 tin of black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ red capiscum diced into 3cm cubes
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 green chili, finely sliced
- ½ cup of cashew cheese
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon of cumin powder
- Pinch of paprika
- Jalapenos (optional), to serve.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper
- Place the sweet potato wedges in a large bowl with one tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Toss until the sweet potatoes are coated with oil
- Place the sweet potato wedges on the prepared baking tray and put in the oven, cook for 20 minutes until cooked through
- Heat the other tablespoon of oil in a large frypan over medium heat, saute the shallot for 3 minutes
- Add the cumin powder, paprika and stir for 20 seconds, pour in the tinned tomatoes and diced capsicum, cook for another 5 -7 minutes
- Stir in the black beans with a pinch of salt, lower the heat and cook through for 5 minutes
- Mash the avocado with a fork into a medium-size bowl, stir in the lime juice, green chili, and coriander leaves, season with freshly ground salt and pepper
- To serve
- Place the sweet potato wedges on a large serving plate
- Top with the tomato and black bean salsa, avocado, cashew cheese, coriander and jalapenos.